Monday 29 March 2010

Thoughts on a Monday in Holy Week

Today Jesus clears the temple and curses the fig tree.

Jesus said,
Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' it will happen. And whatever your ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
I wouldn't mind just getting to the fig tree level, let alone the mountain throwing. LORD, help me get from here to there.

Yesterday, the Passion story reminded me of Jesus' kingship. Today, in one of the readings in my excellent St James Daily Devotional Guide, as King David was leaving Jerusalem because of his son Absolom's rebellion, Ittai, a foreigner, makes a statement of loyalty to David:
As the LORD lives, and as my lord the king lives, wherever my lord the king shall be, whether for death or for life, there also will your servant be. (2 Sam 15.21)
My LORD, King Jesus also lives. My I also be wherever He is whether for death or for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment